At LittleBird, we strive to continually improve our products to meet and exceed the needs of our clients and their customers. We do this by regularly adding new features, refining existing features, and resolving any errors or issues that might arise.
In most cases, your LittleBird mobile app should be updated automatically. If it doesn’t, or if you’re not sure, you can always update it by searching for LittleBird (look for the yellow “B”) in the iOS App Store or Android Play Store, or by checking for all app updates.
Version 1.29 November 30, 2022
Version 1.28 October 13, 2022
Mobile app battery alerts
Closing X is added to the mail alert
Unit billable dates are added
Version 1.27 August 28, 2022
Version 1.26 June 28, 2022
Version 1.25 May 23, 2022
Updated color of message when mobile is not connected to network
Updated refresh of devices
Updated white gap on IOS mobile between Title and Page
Version 1.24 May 9, 2022
Property will be able to add reservable amenities and residents will be able to reserve them
UserName will be recorded in Dealer Admin for each user code that is generated
Adding guest screen is updated for mobile apps
OnBoarding of panel shows Account number and Serial number during the process
Moved Android build release process to Maven
Fixed onboarding of sensors to XR550
Allows onboarding of 1134
Fixed bug related to Local Offers
Fixed bug related to discussions
Fixed bug related to announcements
Removed ability to add special characters to device names
Version 1.23.1 Mar 15, 2022
The “Lock” button has been removed from mobile access screen
Created error message with property name for the onboarding of panel when the account number already exists
Upon a successful panel onboarding, the user has an option to add devices or onboard another panel
Added the ability to search and filter through devices
Added instructions upon failed panel onboarding
Fixed notification handling of video call for IOS
Fixed constraint for deletion of demo properties
Fixed issues with refresh of ICom onboarding
Version 1.23 Feb 28, 2022
Guest names cannot have multiple ‘ or - in the mobile apps
User is able to switch to a different unit in the app and the app defaults to that specific unit after login
Guest can be added from contacts in the mobile app
Unit codes are limited to 4 digits in the mobile app
App crashing when access point is tapped and phone is brought to the reader
Version 1.22.10 Jan 31, 2022
Resolved an issue that prevented toggle of thermostat mode on IOS
Resolved blank guest screen on edit
Resolved app home icon to show up when user has unit devices
Resolved video toggle on and off in app settings crashing the app
Version 1.22.2 Sept 29, 2021
Backend improvements to access control user code management.
Links in Event communications messages are now clickable.
Mobile app - Removed the “Free” label for Smart Community Events that do not have a registration fee.
Mobile app - Smart Community Events will remain on the list until the Event end time.
Various performance and stability improvements.
Resolved an issue that could remove some Resident codes from Z-Wave locks.
Resolved an issue that may prevent Smart Home panels from being removed from a Unit after Guest codes have been issued.
Resolved an issue that may prevent the “Enable Video Calls” toggle from disabling incoming video calls within the Mobile app.
Version 18.104.22.168 Aug 26, 2021
Backend improvements to how sensor and access control messages are handled by the API. No user facing changes.
Updated the text for SMS, email, and LittleBird app notifications relating to upcoming Event reminders.
Resolved an issue that may prevent some users from receiving notifications of new Community Discussion Board activity.
Resolved an issue that may incorrectly notify Residents of new Community Discussion Board posts that are still pending.
Resolved an issue that may not properly display Access Log details when filtering by Door name.
Version 1.22 July 28, 2021
Introducing Event Vendors for Community Events allowing outside parties to be paid automatically.
Event Vendors can sign into the LittleBird Portal to view their upcoming events to review details and RSVP counts.
Event images can be edited or removed after an Event has been created.
Added a column to the Events list to show total registrations on the Manager Portal.
Multiple web portal layout issues related to Event creation.
Fixed an issue that may prevent some Residents from being removed from a Unit.
Fixed an issue that may make the Smart Home devices look offline in the Managers Portal when refreshing device status.
Version 1.21.1 July 12, 2021
Fixed an issue that may have prevented some links in Community Event SMS messages from launching the LittleBird app.
Fixed an issue that may prevent the numeric keypad from being displayed on the touchscreen video intercoms.
Fixed an issue that may have caused some Community Announcements to be sent to the wrong Unit Groups.
Version 1.21 June 30, 2021
Added the ability for Property Staff to connect to a Stripe account to handle Event registration funds.
Added the ability for Communities to host paid events.
Added the ability for Residents to store credit card information to quickly sign up for Paid Community Events.
Added the ability for Property Staff to send communications to Event registrants.
Added a notification to Property Staff when Events don’t reach the minimum number of registrants by the cut off time.
Added the ability for Property Staff to include additional Event instructions into the confirmation email.
Added the ability for Property Staff to cancel individual Resident registrations for Community Events.
Version 1.19.1 May 4, 2021
Version 1.19 April 29, 2021
Added the ability to sync Units and Residents with MRI using the MIX service.
Added the option to send Resident Maintenance requests to MRI instead of an email mailbox.
Added Community Views - Live camera feeds of common areas that support people counting.
Added the ability to setup and use a LittleBird Video Intercom in a standalone mode without the additional headend access control equipment.
Property staff will now receive email notifications for outgoing Announcements and Events.
Fixed a bug that could have allowed the 12” Video Intercom touchscreen display to be zoomed with a pinch gesture.
Added the description text of an Announcement to the body of the outgoing email message.
Fixed a bug that may prevent a Door’s Areas from being updated when editing a Door in the Smart Access section.
Fixed a bug that may prevent adding a new Door to the Smart Access section.
Fixed a bug that may cause LittleBird wireless sensors to report the wrong battery level when it gets low.
Fixed a bug that might have shown Residents a blank Smart Home app page when that feature is not enabled at their Community.
Fixed a bug that may cause the “Send Code to Email” or “Send Code to Phone” manager portal functions to fail.
Removed unnecessary email notifications to the author of new Discussion Board messages.
Fixed a bug that may prevent users from closing the “Support” page of the mobile app.
Fixed a bug that may have prevented a manager from resetting a Resident’s Community access code.
Changed the default notification settings for new Residents to automatically opt-in to app and email notifications for Smart Community features such as Events, Discussion Boards, and Announcements.
Changed the layout of the user code section of the New or Edit Resident form to show their Smart Home lock code and Community Access code.
Disabled all legacy Resident Guest codes that do not conform with the new management features released in v1.18.
Other mobile app stability and performance improvements.
Version 1.18.8 Mar 24, 2021
Version 1.18.3 Dec 14, 2020
Version 1.18.1 Dec 9, 2020
- Property Managers may now enable a moderation feature for the Community Discussion boards that allow them to approve or reject any new posts from Residents.
- Added the ability for Property Managers to set a maximum duration for Resident Guest codes.
- Added the ability for Property Managers to disable Guest codes for all Residents, or for individual Residents.
- Added the ability for Property Managers to enable and disable each type of Resident Guest code.
- Added a “1-Day” Resident Guest code that expires the following day at midnight.
- Added Managers Portal page to review and audit Resident Guests.
- Added the ability to filter the Unit List page by occupied and unoccupied.
- Added the ability for Property Managers to receive a daily email of all Community Discussion Board activity.
- Added the ability for Property Managers to receive an email notification for all new Community Discussion Board posts
- Clicking the Support Button may unintentionally close the mobile app.
- Clicking “Read Message” link in Discussion Board emails may have directed the user to the wrong page.
- Clicking the email link for Announcements may direct the user to the wrong page.
- Some expired Guest codes may not automatically be removed from the mobile app Guest list.
- Some error messages may be displayed twice in the mobile app.
- Vacant unit lock codes may not be updated when changing the code from the Managers Portal.
- Vacant Unit Automation doesn’t always trigger events in vacant units.
- Fixed a bug that may prevent some Portal Users from accessing the Property Guests page.
- Fixed a bug that may require Portal Users to click the Logout button twice.
- Fixed a bug that may prevent Amenities from being deleted.
- Fixed a bug that may not refresh the Resident list page after a Resident is removed.
- Fixed a bug that may direct the user to a blank or error page when clicking “Connect to Stripe” within the Managers Portal.
- Removed an incorrect warning message regarding BlueTooth permissions for Android users.
- Android: Announcement notifications may be blank if received while the app is open.
- Increased the maximum number of characters allowed for Discussion Board posts.
- Changed the “Call a Manager” function of the Video Entry System to use the Property’s phone number as entered on the Community Settings page.
- Improved reliability of master access control panel on-boarding process.
- Improved incoming Video Entry System call answering performance.
- Improved speed and reliability of removing Resident Guests from the system.
- Other mobile app stability and performance improvements
- Added the ability for Residents to add Guest access using their phone’s contacts
- Added additional onboarding support for access control devices
- Added the ability to disable video calling on SmartKnox Telephone Entry devices
- Added mobile app warning if Bluetooth is disabled
- Added Wiegand communication support for SmartKnox Telephone Entry devices
- Added support for newer SmartKnox Telephone Entry devices
- Reduced the number of NFC prompts for Smart Access readers (iOS)
- Changed the Smart Community icon to a building
- Fixed a bug that may have prevented Smart Home panels’ house codes from beingset up correctly
- Fixed a potential issue with Resident codes not being updated or being otherwise out of sync with the master Smart Access panel
- Other mobile app stability and performance improvements (Android and iOS)
- Added a Smart Access tab in mobile app to consolidate residence and community access functions
- Added the ability to lock/unlock the residence door from the Smart Access tab of the mobile app
- Added the ability to edit a residence door code from the Smart Access tab of the mobile app
- Added a dynamic navigation tab layout for the mobile app to only show features enabled at the selected property
- Updated the Guests page to allow for adding guests with only a phone number
- Added a link to the LittleBird FAQ on the mobile app Support page
- Enabled notification to the Resident when a Guest code is used to access their unit door or property gate
- Added a Resident list page to the Manager web portal
- Added the ability for a LittleBird property to only enable certain features as part of Smart Home, Smart Access, and Smart Community
- Added a nearby access point list to the Access page of the mobile app
- Changed the layout of the Unit list page on the Manager web portal
- Changed the navigation layout of the Manager web portal
- Other mobile app performance improvements (Android and iOS)
- Added an email alert when a SmartKnox Telephone Entry device is connected/disconnected from the web services
- Fixed bug that may cause gate/door access to be immediately rejected when a SmartKnox call is answered via
- Fixed a bug that may crash the web application when editing a Local Offer
- Removed an erroneous “Call disconnected” message when a visitor is granted access after calling the manager from a SmartKnox entry
- Fixed a bug the may cause SmartKnox video calls to immediately result in an error
- Other mobile app performance improvements (Android and iOS