Removing your Android device’s cache files may help fix disconnection issues. You can clear the Bluetooth's data cache on the phone or tablet to completely reset Bluetooth.
Note: Removing cache files is not possible on iOS devices.
Before you clear the cache on your Android device, you need to toggle on system apps. To do this on your Android device:
- Open Settings, and then tap Apps.
- Tap the Sort icon (the down arrow with three vertical bars), then tap Show system apps.
- Tap OK and all the system apps will appear in the list.
- Tap Bluetooth > Storage > Clear data.
- Tap OK to confirm. You may need to reconnect the Square Reader, along with any other devices you had connected.
Once you've toggled on system apps, to clear your cache:
- Go to the Settings on your Android device.
- Select Apps.
- Click ⋮ to display your system apps.
- Select Bluetooth from the list of apps, then select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and exit your Settings.
- Restart your device and try accessing a gate on your property again.
If the steps are a bit different on your particular Android device, you may want to search how to clear the Bluetooth cache for your specific Android device.