If you live in a community with a video intercom or LittleBird access readers with the NFC logo on the front, you can use your compatible smartphone to unlock your community’s access points. Compatible devices are iPhone 7 or newer, and Android phones newer than 2016.
- For Android OS Devices, the following services must be turned on, and the app must have permissions to them: Bluetooth, Location, and NFC. Additionally, VPN's can cause interference, so please turn off any VPN you may have turned on.
- For Apple Devices, the following services must be turned on, and the app must have permissions to them: Bluetooth. Additionally, VPN's can cause interference, so please turn off any VPN you may have turned on
While standing at a LittleBird Video Intercom unit or LittleBird access reader, open the LittleBird mobile app on your mobile device.
Browse to the Smart Access (keypad lock) icon in the navigation bar and watch for your intercom access point to appear on this screen.
Tap the access point’s name once it appears on your screen (As shown above - "Resident Door").
If you receive a prompt asking you to “Tap your device on the reader to access”, set the top of your iPhone, or the center back of your Android device on the signal icon on the front of the access reader (iPhone pictured below). Hold it there for 1-3 seconds, until you feel a small vibration and/or see the green checkmark appear on the screen.
If a message stating “Connecting to the reader wirelessly” appears, simply wait for the intercom or the access reader to recognize your device. This will take just a few seconds.
Tap the Okay button on the confirmation message that appears once the intercom unit or access reader has successfully recognized your device. You’ve now unlocked the access point.
- If you receive an error, often force-closing the LittleBird app, and re-opening it will resolve this.
- If you are not getting any access points to populate when near a reader, there might be a Bluetooth issue. Clearing out the cache could possibly resolve these issues. (*Note: This will clear all Bluetooth connected devices to the phone*) After clearing the cache, uninstall, delete all data, and reinstall the app, accepting all permissions.
- If, after doing these things, it still doesn't work, reach out to LittleBird support, and include your device make and model, so we can confirm that it is a supported device and troubleshoot further with you.